The Hanover Community Association (HCA) runs this web site and community forum. We hope to give you as much control and ownership over this site as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely in comments on posts and on the forum. However, be responsible in what you publish. Remember that you are writing publicly, and avoid content that you would not like to read (things like spam or hate content).
We store some information on your computer as cookie text files. You can block this by instructing your browser not to store cookies for our site. However, we would appreciate it if you did not. We do not acquire any personal information from cookies, but we do gain useful information about how you use our site.
We will be responsible in our custodianship of personal information lodged with us during the operation of the web site and forum.
We may collect information for a number of reasons, including:
- entering into a room hire agreement with you,
- enrolling you on a mailing list,
- enrolling you as a volunteer or member, or
- tracking how you use our web site.
By entering into these relationships with the HCA, you agree and accept that we may hold personal data about you and that we may contact you by virtue of the relationship we have established.
You may instruct us at any time to cease contacting you and we will do so immediately.
We will not share or disclose your personal information with any third party unless required to do so by law.
The type of information we will collect about you may include:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
If you enter into a financial agreement with us, we may also collect:
- bank account details
- credit/debit card details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. We will delete financial information when the relevant transaction has been completed unless you grant us permission to retain the information.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our web site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored by your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. Information collected in this way will only be used to improve the usability of the web site.
2. If you create an account or password for access to any element of the website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account or password, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur using your account or password. You must immediately notify the HCA of any unauthorised uses of your account or password.
3. If you comment on a post or post material or links (“Content”) on the website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) Content available by means of the website, you are entirely responsible for the Content and any harm resulting from that Content. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
(a) the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the rights of any third party;
(b) the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
(c) the content is not offensive, discriminatory, pornographic, libelous or defamatory, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy of any third party;
(d) the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing); and
(e) you do not represent yourself in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company.
4. The HCA has the right, in HCA’s sole discretion, to:
(a) alter, refuse or remove any content that, in HCA’s reasonable opinion, violates any HCA policy or is in any way illegal, harmful or objectionable, or
(b) terminate or deny access to the website to any individual or entity for any reason.
5. HCA has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the website, HCA does not represent or imply that it endorses Content posted by other parties, or that it believes such Content to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive Content. HCA disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use of the website by visitors, or from any downloading of Content from the website by those visitors.
6. HCA has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material made available through the websites and webpages to which the website links, and that link to the website. HCA does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-HCA website or webpage, HCA does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. HCA disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-HCA websites and webpages.
7. HCA asks you to respect its intellectual property rights. HCA respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the website breaches copyright, you are encouraged to notify HCA. HCA will respond appropriately to all such notices, including removing the infringing material or disabling links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who infringes or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of HCA or others, HCA may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to the website.