The Hanover Community Centre is available to hire for classes, groups and meetings; public events; and private functions (parties etc.) at the weekends. We have two halls and a smaller meeting room.
Dimensions of rooms – lower hall 13.4×6 metres/upper hall 10×6 metres/meeting room 6×4 metres
You can begin the booking process by going to our Contact page.
We have different hourly rates depending on the time and nature of your booking. The rates below apply from 1st April 2019.
Groups and classes (for new bookings)
- £10 per hour Monday – Friday before 7pm (£8 per hour for community groups/non commercial)
- £18 per hour Monday – Friday evenings after 7pm and all weekend
- £40 per hour at any time (minimum charge 2 hours)
Small Meeting Room Suitable for small groups of around 6-15 people (depending on activity)
- £8 per hour at any time
To confirm your booking we require an additional deposit equal to your hire fee which is fully refundable after the event provided all is well.
A great venue for your child’s party, usually Saturday and Sunday, but we have some availability mid-week during school holidays – please enquire from the office.
Usual party slot is 3 hours to allow time for setting up and tidying up afterwards.
Hire fee – £51 (£36 for Hanover residents) for a minimum 3 hours. Additional hours are charged at £17 per hour (£12 per hour for Hanover residents). Children’s parties are applicable to children up to the age of 12 years, with a curfew of 6pm. Party rates for children older than 12 years is £25 per hour (£18 for Hanover residents), for a minimum of 3 hours, with a 9pm curfew. The hire of the balcony above the lower hall is £20 extra.
Parties for Grown Ups – Saturdays and Sundays
Our minimum hire fee of £200 (£160 for Hanover residents) covers use of the hall for up to 5 hours (please note all events must end by 10.30pm). Additional hours are charged at £40 (£32 for Hanover residents) per hour.
What is included in these costs:
- Use of the room and communal areas.
- Hire of the downstairs hall includes use of the kitchen which is equipped with a microwave oven, fridge, kettle, and an urn for hot water. The downstairs hall has a sound system for playing CDs and iPod.
- Hire of the upstairs hall includes use of sink and kettle for making teas and coffees and a sound system for playing CDs and iPod. The upstairs hall has its own toilets.
- Also included in hire of all rooms is use of tables and chairs (large and small).
- If you need special items like glasses, crockery, let us know.
See a sample hire agreement and conditions of hire here.
Booking a Room
Please go to our Contact page to make a booking enquiry.