Our real ale festival is the Hanover Centre’s biggest fundraising event of the year and we need extra hands and muscles….
Please note – no experience is necessary for any of the jobs listed here, just enthusiasm and a smile!
This year’s festival runs from Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd October. Please contact Iain at the Hanover Centre (01273 694873) to let him know what time you can offer between September 27th after the marquee goes up until Sunday 3rd when we clear up.
Top Ten Tasks for volunteers are:
- Site set up (Tuesday onwards, and especially Friday morning)
- Check condition of souvenir glasses
- Collect equipment and printing from Resource Centre (Thursday or Friday)
- Cover a slot on the Beerwatch rotaÂ (Wednesday afternoon to Friday morning, marquee)
- Serve on the main bar (Friday and Saturday, marquee)
- Serve on the wine bar Â (Friday and Saturday, hall)
- Hand free glasses to customers (Friday and Saturday, gazebo)
- Stewarding (Friday and Saturday, all areas)
- Pack down Â (starts 10.30 Sunday morning)
- Supervising take-outs (Sunday from 11.30 am — if there’s any beer and cider left)
And if anyone is available on Tuesday 5th October to return hired equipment to the Resource Centre, that would be great!